Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Demux I/O of PIC16f84A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nenayd

Yo! :D
can somebody teach me how to demultiplex the input and outputs of pic16f84a? what demux ic is better for pic16f84a? i'm planning to interface 4 sensors, gsm phone, keypad, solenoid and lcd for my project.

please include some learning materials for memory mapping and new addressing modes if persist.

Thanks a lot :lol:

What do you mean demultiplex the I/O on a pic? Are you trying to multiplex the keypad or the sensors to save I/O pins?

1st thanks for replying. :D

i know that pic16f84a has 13 i/o bi-directional ra0-ra4 port and rb0-rb7 port... to interface my component i must demultiplex some of the ports... to be able to interface keypad, lcd, solenoid and 4 different sensors.

what i want to know is what ports to be demux and ic's to use.

you can use tri-state buffers on port B, and control lines of those buffers on Port A, I use many of those like: 74ls125, 74ls126, 74ls244 or 74hc244 (i think there's also 74ls245)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back