Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to delete my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imnewtothis

Hey, could someone tell me how to delete my account. I never get up here anymore, so I am trying to delete all of my online accounts that I never use. Thanks.

I think you should be able to delete your account as no one likes information to be stored about them when it's no longer needed.

Firstly, why do you want to leave?

If you have a problem we might be able to resolve it.

If you realy want to leave then do the following:

Remove any personal information from your account, if the forum sofware won't allow you to remove things like your email address then randomise them. If you've posted any information you no longer want to be made public on the open forum then more fool you but try to remove it from your posts and if the forum software won't let you ask a moderator. I have a feeling that they may even be legally obliged to remove any personal information from public view under the data protection act but I don't know if this applies to where this forum is hosted.

Hey, could someone tell me how to delete my account. I never get up here anymore, so I am trying to delete all of my online accounts that I never use. Thanks.

It turns out that your posts, at least, are part of the structure of forums. Even if you copyrighted them, a lawyer I consulted wasn't sure as to who(m?) posts really belong to.

Be careful what you write online! The half-life of posts approaches 1 divided by 0.

Last edited:
I believe the posts are the property of the forum. He should not be able to remove them, but he should be able to remove personal information.

As we have discussed before, on these forums, removing content messes up the rest of the thread. What you write here, stays here! :D

You could always request to have your account banned... :D

I'd say keep your account though. This site is a wonderful resource for finding information; if it can't be found you can always ask about it.

Regards (and best of luck in the future!),
Ian

If the moderator/administrator won't do this act like a total idiot posting loads of spam, offensive and insulting material. :D

Note that it should be obvious that I'm joking.

post removed

Last edited:
I have noticed MANY times that people want to delete accounts.....

Simple rules for these people are:

1. Don't post stuff you might regret.
2. Don't post rubbish.
3. Facts only. With backup links. Not rabble rousing stuff. Especially if it is a Political post. As many of my latter posts have been.

No need to delete an Account if you follow the steps above. Very few Forums are as relaxed as ETO on the WEB. Great site. Great folks.

Mods, Members et al. Does not matter. All good people.

And, incidentally, ETO must be doing something right. Many have failed. ETO is still here. And stronger than ever...

And, as a long time Member, I know that if I ask a question, I will get the correct answer. Not a guess from an idiot..I don't ask many questions, but heck I have learn't here. Just to play nice is the important one...always a hothead me , never wrong..but...well, always a hothead.

And never wrong. Seen it all friends. Love you all.

Simple as that.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting tvtech. I kind of wish I hadn't removed my post, as it made some valid points. If anyone still has a copy of it in a notification email, or something like that, if you could post it here in a quote and only edit out the first part, which was directed to a specific post, that'd be great. Thanks everyone!

Regards,
Matt

Last edited:
Somebody rub you the wrong way?

Somebody rub you the wrong way?

Nah, the person who resurrected this thread was a first-time poster, encouraging spam and insults. The first part of my response was a direct statement to him, but the rest talked about why it's a bad idea for the forum to delete someone's account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back