Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to decode....

Status
Not open for further replies.

arustu

I want to know "how to decode signals from a three pin IR receiver module".
That is, if one of the three pins is the output, how can I decode and then use the signal according to my own requirements...???:confused:

arustu said:
I want to know "how to decode signals from a three pin IR receiver module".
That is, if one of the three pins is the output, how can I decode and then use the signal according to my own requirements...???:confused:

It deppends completely on the type of IR signal being received, there are many completely different types.

Check my PIC tutorials for Sony examples.

arustu said:
So can a multiple switching operation be performed with it...say like four switches.....?

As I said in the first post, read my IR tutorial - you need an encoder in the transmitter, and a decoder in the receiver - you can do whatever you like with the signals then.

If you don't have PIC programming capability?, then check the Holtek range of encoder/decoder chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back