Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to decide the gain of the low pass filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

8cube

hi all...i have a problem with my project,,, how to decide the gain of the butterworth low pass filter?

8cube said:
hi all...i have a problem with my project,,, how to decide the gain of the butterworth low pass filter?

Generally it would have a gain of 1 (no gain at all) for it's passband, and attenuate below that, based on so many dB's per octave, depending on the slope of the filter.

An equal-value components (R and C) two-pole Sallen and Key Butterworth filter needs a gain of about 1.6. Google for Sallen and Key Filter and you'll find a list of component ratios vs gain required.

The gain determines the damping of the filter. Too much gain gives a peaked response near its cutoff frequency, like I use for my stereo's and clock radio's bass-boost circuits. Way too much gain and you have an oscillator.

s

can i use a normal 2nd order butterworth low pass filter after a modulator to filter out the noise of video signal?

Re: s

8cube said:
can i use a normal 2nd order butterworth low pass filter after a modulator to filter out the noise of video signal?

Your question doesn't make any sense?.

Please tell us EXACTLY what you are trying to do (and not how you are trying to do it!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back