Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create a TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxclab01

Hello to all.

I want to create a TV receiver, both for analog and digital signals. So far, I have created an analog TV that seems to work ok ( see the attachment ). But I want to :

1. Replace the can tuner ( uv1316 ) with a silicon one ( e.g. tda8275 ). Is there any application circuit example for a chip tuner?

2. Create a circuit for both analog and digital TV, which I just cannot do it !! Maybe if I put tda10048 instead of tda8341 and tba120U, but I have no clue how the circuit will be.

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you all in advance for your time.

Attachments

• TV_Schematic.jpg
    TV_Schematic.jpg
    585 KB · Views: 427
Well that's not a TV, it's a TV tuner, that you could use to feed a composite monitor with - it's also something like a 25-30 year old desing - TBA120?, Jesus!.

You're not going to build a digital receiver, the hardware and particularly the software, aren't home construction projects - you can buy set top boxes for under £20 - you wouldn't get one of the chips for that, never mind a few years software development to get it working.

Quick note, for UK members :
Freeview upgrade leaves set-top boxes obsolete following transmitter upgrades
some early models of Freeview set-top boxes, before an industry standard "tick" logo came into effect in May 2006 indicating that equipment was designed to work through to digital switchover, were not able to cope with the increased information on the new signal.

Full article here...
https://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/aug/14/digitaltvradio.television?gusrc=rss&feed=media

Quick note, for UK members :
Freeview upgrade leaves set-top boxes obsolete following transmitter upgrades
some early models of Freeview set-top boxes, before an industry standard "tick" logo came into effect in May 2006 indicating that equipment was designed to work through to digital switchover, were not able to cope with the increased information on the new signal.

Not entirely true, as the oldest boxes still work, it's some of the 'middle' boxes, and also IDTV's, which have been killed by the changes - including Sony CRT IDTV's.

Supposedly it's less than 1% of receivers that will be affected.

If you have an affected box, it will 'popup' a message asking if you want to scan for new channels - if you answer NO, it will continue working as before - if you answer YES, it's toast! :D

Last edited:
Hmmm.... ok, so no digital receiver...

1. What about the silicon tuner? Any ideas and schematic?

2. If you think that my analog TV is ...ancient, do you have anything to propose? Would a tda9880 be ok?

3. Is there a way, using a set top box to control the channel changing ( ...zapping ) through a microcontroller of my own?

For a start fill your location in, much of the world is ending analogue TV in the fairly near future, so it's pretty pointless building an aanlogue tuner. It would be a lot simpler as well, just to rip the tuner/IF circuitry out of an old VCR.

As for remote control, you can emulate any remote you like uisng a micro-controller - I've done Sony, Sharp and RC5/6 using PIC's - using 90% identical code.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you mean that you creted a remote control for a set-top box, that is to say for digital TV, is that correct?

Is it possible that you show me some schematic or code?

Correct me if I am wrong, but you mean that you creted a remote control for a set-top box, that is to say for digital TV, is that correct?

Is it possible that you show me some schematic or code?

I've done so for Sky Digiboxes, which use the Philips RC6 system.

The schematic is so simple it's not worth mentioning, but check my tutorials for what I use, and one iof the tutorials creates a Sony SIRC's remote - I simply modified that for RC6.

You first need to know what codes your existing remote transmits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back