how to convert C code to HEX file

Status
Not open for further replies.
You had a hex keypad? We started with 16 individual front panel toggle bit switches in the early minicomputer days
I know... that is what I learned on... I did however own a museum piece-a DEC PDP11...a 12" rack for the CPU with 2 8K core cards, a 12" 1M platter, and of course the 16 panel switches to toggle in the boot loader. I even had all the schematics!

I know... that is what I learned on... I did however own a museum piece-a DEC PDP11...a 12" rack for the CPU with 2 8K core cards, a 12" 1M platter, and of course the 16 panel switches to toggle in the boot loader. I even had all the schematics!
I loved PDP11's! I owned a heathkit H11 which was a LSI version of the PDP11. I latter purchased a PDP11/05. The hard drive was a 3rd party unit 10 MB drive. 1 platter was fixed and 1 removable. If you worked in the same room as the computer you needed to wear hearing protection.

The drive was ill. I tracked it down to a bad counter chip and was about to fix it. Just then a fellow who fixed disk drives for the local supermarket chain showed up and offered to "tune it up". When he finished it did not seek properly, an over velocity error.

I sold the ill drive for what I paid for both. A friend has the CPU in his garage. Maybe I should see if I can get it back!

3v0

Me too... did you look at the assy for it? wonderful thing-the machine code had microcode level control!

Me too... did you look at the assy for it? wonderful thing-the machine code had microcode level control!
My initial setup included an Intertube video terminal and a paper tiger printer. The paper tape worked. After a few months I built the dual floppy. H27 IIRC. SS SD 8 inch floppys.

The Intertube died just on the otherside of warrenty. The ROM went away which was due to poor design. H19 kits were backordered for months so I purchased a H9. The paper tiger lasted for years (no decenders).

Did I say I miss Heathkit.

3v0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…