Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to convert C code to HEX file

Status
Not open for further replies.
You had a hex keypad? We started with 16 individual front panel toggle bit switches in the early minicomputer days ;)
:) I know... that is what I learned on... I did however own a museum piece-a DEC PDP11...a 12" rack for the CPU with 2 8K core cards, a 12" 1M platter, and of course the 16 panel switches to toggle in the boot loader. I even had all the schematics!

:) I know... that is what I learned on... I did however own a museum piece-a DEC PDP11...a 12" rack for the CPU with 2 8K core cards, a 12" 1M platter, and of course the 16 panel switches to toggle in the boot loader. I even had all the schematics!
I loved PDP11's! I owned a heathkit H11 which was a LSI version of the PDP11. I latter purchased a PDP11/05. The hard drive was a 3rd party unit 10 MB drive. 1 platter was fixed and 1 removable. If you worked in the same room as the computer you needed to wear hearing protection.

The drive was ill. I tracked it down to a bad counter chip and was about to fix it. Just then a fellow who fixed disk drives for the local supermarket chain showed up and offered to "tune it up". When he finished it did not seek properly, an over velocity error.

I sold the ill drive for what I paid for both. A friend has the CPU in his garage. Maybe I should see if I can get it back!

3v0

I loved PDP11's! I owned a heathkit H11 which was a LSI version of the PDP11. I latter purchased a PDP11/05. The hard drive was a 3rd party unit 10 MB drive. 1 platter was fixed and 1 removable. If you worked in the same room as the computer you needed to wear hearing protection.
Me too... did you look at the assy for it? wonderful thing-the machine code had microcode level control!

Me too... did you look at the assy for it? wonderful thing-the machine code had microcode level control!
My initial setup included an Intertube video terminal and a paper tiger printer. The paper tape worked. After a few months I built the dual floppy. H27 IIRC. SS SD 8 inch floppys.

The Intertube died just on the otherside of warrenty. The ROM went away which was due to poor design. H19 kits were backordered for months so I purchased a H9. The paper tiger lasted for years (no decenders).

Did I say I miss Heathkit.

3v0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back