Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert BIG Speakers to PC speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright somthing i know a little about.

First as everyone has said all you computer has is a signal output(even with a good sound card no amp) i think you got that.

So you are trying to build a set of self contained speakers and will take the output from your coumputer. So what size. I would recomend some 6inch mid bass speakers with some good tweeters. 2 way design

So for the speaker project
1. decide what speakers you wont to use.( if there going to be near your coumputer use sheilded speakers or you can mess some stuff with the magnets).

2, Build or buy some pre made enclosers for the speakers.

3. design and build your crossovers, or buy them.(this is a electrons forum build them) do a google search on how to design and build crossovers and go from there. plenty of info.

4. buy or build an amp. or use an old reciver,stereo ect.

Here what i would recomend.

Good dayton sheilded speakers $22 each
https://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-306

Tweeters good tweeters $6 each
**broken link removed**

corossvers $11
**broken link removed**

Then amp 40 watt stereo amp kit. 10Rms per chanel.

https://images.google.com/imgres?im.../images?q=home+stereo+amp+kit&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

All you need to do is build you some cabnets for the speakers and mount the amp in one of the and plug it into your counputer.

audio guru teenager can hear 20kc in your dreams. and 95 DB is feeling pain threshol

I think a teenager has a hard time to hear 20 kHz but he will still be able to hear 18 kHz

95 Db is defenetly not a pain limit for the avarage person (The pain came probably from the type of music you where lisening:D)

and about in the disco if people are under influence of alcohol than the pain treshold is also higher

long time in 95 Db could do some (temporarely) damage to your hearing but is again depending on frequency and time duration that an persone is exposed to it

120 Db is permanent damaging your ears and again time of exposure is the main factor how much the damage is

Robert-jan

Teenagers and young adults can hear 20kHz easily.

In the '80s I measured the beat of the music at 120db on the dance floor of a disco. It was not painful.
music is not sustainable sound ant h widly variation in pushing air. it pays to know what you are doing. an 2 kz it palin silly girls or boys. find out from a reliable surce, not hear say

Some acid-rock "music" was continuous very loud noise that damaged the player's and listener's hearing.

The enclosure for a woofer must match the spec's of the speaker or there will be no bass or there will be boomy upper-bass. The 6.5" woofer already has boomy upper-bass.

I wouldn't use a 5kHz crossover with a woofer that has a horrible peaking problem at 2800hz.

What is a Surce?

Wikipedia is a reliable source. They say that humans can hear frequencies from 15Hz to 20kHz.

Our hearing's response to frequencies is most sensitive at mid frequencies as shown on Equal-Loudness curves. 120dB at 20Hz is the same loudness as 85dB at mid-frequencies.
Many sites repoet that a loudness that is at the threshold of pain is 130dB.

Attachments

• hearing's frequency response.PNG
    hearing's frequency response.PNG
    4.2 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back