Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to control in remote control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

u1988

I want to use HM2007 Speech recognition !(for helicopter on remote control)

so i have problem,because whan i say ''back'' or '' forward"....

it recognize my voice and it supposed to go ''back'' or '' forward"..

so i don't know how i will control in the remote control!

the remote control is looking like this more or less, **broken link removed**!

without touch the remote control!

If you have any ideas so please! i will love to hear them!
thank you so mach!

Last edited:
I don't know about your helicopter, but my Blade CP is tough as hell to control, only very small changes, all the time. It's definately not something you can take your hands off. Of course, I had never flown before, and teaching myself.
If you haven't gotten the Heli yet, suggest a duel rotor model. Either way, hope you are a great programmer, as it won't be as simple as an on/off switch. I remember a robot helicopter article from a university, search, you may find it.

thank you very mach! it will help!

but still there is something more easy?

somthing that will move the sticks left/up....?

I really can't claim to be a pilot, most of my flights last mere seconds. The helicopter responds best to very small slow changes. It's very hard to remain focused and avoid panic. So, my experiences might not be the best to draw on. The duel rotor models are suppose to be very stable and easy to learn, unlike the one I was given to learn on. Only thing is that you can't do acrobatics, which mine is suppose to be very good at (and can't imagine ever attempt loops and rolls).

Basically, if you give it a command to move forward, something has to make all the minute adjustments to keep it on course and maintain altitude. If you are outside... I don't even attempt to fly in anything stronger then a very light breeze.

Do you have a helicoptor, much flight experience? Definately a cool idea, but you need some hands on experience to get some idea of what's involved. Mine's tough, but it's wasn't intended for a beginner with zero experience, like me. Been trying to get a hold of a cheap duel rotor model, but the under $50 models that do more then go up and down, are always out of stock (must be easy, or break beyond repair when crashed)...

Harvey, from everything I've ever heard about flying RC heli's this is perfectly normal => Just about ever 'quick tip' I've heard for a starting flyer is the only way to properly learn how to fly an RC heli is with an expert in tow. They can help you trim your copter and can spot things you'll never see. I look forward to having even half your experiance flying one day =) Never been near the real thing.
I've flown simulators though (Like RealFlight) and it took me over a week just to figure out how to go through a tank of gas hovering without crashing. After trying a simulator I wouldn't even imagine the horror someone that's never had any experiance must go through on their first take off. They're simply NOT stable devices.

so i have problem,because whan i say ''back'' or '' forward"....
it recognize my voice and it supposed to go ''back'' or '' forward"..
so i don't know how i will control in the remote control!
Voice commands are going to be too slow and imprecise to directly control your helicopter. You would need a on board MCU with gyros/inertial feedback to provide the near instantaneous feedback required to keep it level in the air. You could then give the MCU the crude left/right/up/down commands and it would provide the right amount to stick to follow your commands without overshooting and spinning wildly out of control.

Voice commands(do you have some exsmple)?
board MCU with gyros/inertial feedback? how?
do you have some links about how to do that!?

And thank you for all the info!
:) :D

board MCU with gyros/inertial feedback? how?
I think the Stealth fighter does this. Sorry, it's classified. ;) You could research commercial aircraft autopilots though.
do you have some links about how to do that!?
First you need to learn about control loops such as PID. Google for PID control loop.
Voice commands(do you have some exsmple)?
I thought you were going to use the HM2007 speech Recognition Chip?

I do want to use the HM2007 speech Recognition Chip!

I just want to learn about more this chip because I don't know

any commands on this chip!

So I need some help about it!

thanks for helping!:)

Start by buiding a simple demo board with the HM2007, see how it runs before trying to control something with it. Speech recognition is an imprecise science and you're going to break a few helicopters while trying to come to grips with it. Your eyes and hands can respond far faster than your speech commands, and what happens when you see that tree coming and start shouting at the controls. Your excited voice will generally not be recognised by the speech chip.
https://www.imagesco.com/articles/hm2007/SpeechRecognitionTutorial02.html

O.K thanks for the warning!

but i need more info about commands with this chip!

I have seen this web site!

I just don't understand in which commands I can use with this chip!

In turbo c prog...

the basic commands (only the chip commands)

thanks for helping!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back