Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connects multiple sensor to the PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

aishahsenik

Hello :)

I just want to ask how we want to know which pin to connect to the sensors.

Im currently doing my fyp on wireless monitoring system.

The PIC16F877A has 8 pins that can be used to read voltages. You can connect your sensors to any, or all, of those 8 pins. Study the "ANALOG-TO-DIGITAL CONVERTER (A/D) MODULE" section of the PIC16F877A data sheet.

Thank you so much for your info :) . I have about 5 sensors to be connect on pic..is it i have to connect to different pin from that 8 pins?

It depends on the output of your sensors, if they are discreet sensors like a thermistor and have a voltage o/p then you'd connect to the a/d pin as mentioned, however if your using a sensor with a digital interface like a bmp085 pressure sensor then you'd need to configure and use the pics i2c interface as this is what this sensor uses.
There are sensors such as the dht11 which use a non standard digital interface, you have to write your own code for these, and that can be tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back