Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect to this transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMUGangsta

Transistor/Jukebox problem

Hi all

Im just about finished the jukebox now, just need to add the coin mech - its different from the last one i done.

I have attached the credit output circuit, but im unsure how to connect this as an input to my PIC, Vin is 12v

Thanks

Attachments

• circuit.GIF
    circuit.GIF
    5.4 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Ok I've tried this, connected 5v to the player hi via a 1.5k resistor, and gnd to the playerlo. Then I connected between the resistor and the transistor to the pic, via a 1.5k resistor. From attaching the scope, I see it is active low. Is this the right way to do it, and are the 1.5k resistors ok?

That will work, but all you really need is playerlo to GND, a 10k from playerhi to +5V, and playerhi to the PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back