Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect to a USB port with very limited space for connector ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elpidiovaldez5

I would like to use the USB 2.0 port on a Raspberry Pi. Unfortunately the Pi is fixed in an enclosure with very limited space for the USB connector (they are so long !). There are no access pins to the USB on the Pi's board. It is a silly, but very frustrating problem.

I think I might be able to make up a short USB connector using a male USB A connector for wired connections (not SMD). Alternatively a USB cable with a 90 bend might work. Can anyone point me to a source of something appropriate.

How much space have you got? Pictures?

Mike.
Edit, a quick google finds many right angled A adapters.

Last edited:
If your proficient at soldering you could solder the lead direct to the socket's pins on the board.

I have had good success powering from the header but, for some reason, some people don't recommend that approach - even though my pi has be running a museum display for more than a year without problems.

80FBBC15-01F1-47E7-A9BF-324814380786.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back