Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect stepper motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrrehmat

i have an stepper motor, vexta, model PH266-02GK, i can not run the motor i have tried alot, how i should know the wire configuration and how should i run it, plz help me it is urgent.
the motor image is also uploaded.
the motor is 12v and 0.6A. and 2 phase. bipolar.
**broken link removed**

In a six wire bipolar stepper you typically have 4 coils in pairs, each pair has a wire coming off each end and one where the two meet in the middle. The first step is to identify your wires. Take a multimeter and check resistance. if two wires show no contact they are on separate coils, of the ones with contact some pairs will be twice as high in resistance as others. The pairs that are double are at opposite ends of a pair of coils, the ones that are not (half the value of the others) are across just one coil and one is in the center of a pair.

**broken link removed**with a bit of info on it.

Generally with those 6 colours; white and black are the 2 commons (the middle of the coils) and the 4 coloured wires are the 4 ends of the coils.

And Triode already explained how to test it. :)

I hope your electronic skills are better than your photographic ability.

To drive a biploar stepper motor you will need a H bridge, or a motor driver chip, do you have one?

You will also need a way of controlling the driver chip like a micro processor or a dedicated chip, as you need to energize each coil in turn, in order, to rotate the motor.

What method have you tried so far.

Pete.

thx all for help.
i have solved the problem. i have used Darlington pair for stepper motor to run through micro controller.

Are you using some diodes to protect them from inductive backlash? It can fry transistors and microcontrollers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back