Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect a 50-51 segment led bar graph to a 10 segment thermometer circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novaris04

let me introduce myself a little before I start explaining the problem I have. I dont really have any experience on electronics or programming but I am able to read some electrical diagrams, pinouts and some idea on ICs, so please bear with me on this.

I need bar graph that lights up according to the temperature inside a computer so I found this website that details how to create one (https://www.circuitstoday.com/led-bargraph-thermometer). At the same time, I need a bargraph of a certain size, 75mm "tall", number of segments is not important.

The design specifies 10 led segments but all of the 10 led bargraphs I found are much smaller in size. The only 75mm bargraph I found are 101 segments. (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/101segment-75mm-led-Bargraph-display-orange/375676989.html)

The design also specifies a temp range of 60-80 deg F, which is 15-26Deg C. What I need is 26 degC to 36 or more.

Question 1. How do I connect an IC meant for 10 leds to a 101 led bargraph? As a last resort, I dont mind assigning 3 leds to the same temp setting, (where groups of 5 leds move together instead of moving one at a time)

Question 2. I don't understand the led wiring of the 101 led bargraph at all. Can someone help me on this?

Last edited:
Q1: use 10 individual LEDs as shown. They are available in larg sizes (round and square)
Q2: R7 and R5 adjust the temp reading range, experiment with that
Other: The last sentence in the instruction should read R1+R2=3xR3 (I think). Leave pin 9 open for dot mode and for higher brightness short R8
Good luck! E

Last edited:
Q1: use 10 individual LEDs as shown. They are available in larg sizes (round and square)
Q2: R7 and R5 adjust the temp reading range, experiment with that
Other: The last sentence in the instruction should read R1+R2=3xR3 (I think). Leave pin 9 open for dot mode and for higher brightness short R8
Good luck! E
sorry i dont get you for Q1
for question 2, i meant the 17 pins on the led bargraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back