Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to choose microcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenjk09

How to choose microcontroller?

Human ear sensitive to energy between 50Hz to 4KHz.
Base on data sheet as attach 8kbps to 128kbps data/sampling clock rates.
How to I choose microcontroller I want to use for the device?

attached file is the data sheet

Kindly advice me
Thank

I don't understand what you want to do.
Audio/50hz to 4khz signal/ Sample rate about 10k/sec.

If you sample until the memory is full then stop and process the data then the micro controller could be smaller.
If you must sample in real time and process the information 100% of the time then you need a DSP.

You need to think about how much memory you need. A PIC with 100 RAM locations will not work fast/at all.

If your data is 16 bit or 24 bit and the micro can only think 8 bits you have speed problems.

Look at DSP and ARMs!

I want to develop the hardware and software for a compact and portable sound recorder, implemented using a microcontroller interfaced with an A/D converter, a flash memory/SD card and other user-interfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back