Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check TRIAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aljamri

My vacuum cleaner is not working, when I checked it I found electronic circuit used to vary the speed. I checked all the components but a Triac ( BTA12600B ) . I need to know how to check it.

On its gate I found a diode written on the PCB D1 with no any other identification just ST company logo, I found it connected with the triac gate, when I checked it with DMM it does not give any sign of diode behaivour.

Can any body help me in this…. thanks

just short mt1 with gate & onther probe to mt2 at ohmmeter

hai

this method might work keep your digital multimeter as ohmmeter and postive at mt1 & also for gate (ie short mt1 & gate temporarily) & keep black probe to mt2 so it trigers usally the traic as some liitle volt to gate & some resistance shown on meter now slowly lift connection from gate but be care still it should conncet to mt1 now resistance remains same as it triggers althoug u removed gate voltage now(actually meter probe volt is engough) once it has trigger it works usally gate will be 1st pin of the device or may be at 3 pin of device so u can use mt2& gate short or mt1 gate short with black for remain pin ie either mt2 & mt1 respectivly if still u want u welcome to my personnel mail viji2ks@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back