Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check Ohms of speaker simply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hypothetically you could make a pair of high-z magnetic headphones with tin can lids and small 2k to 10k audio transformers with E-I cores (the cores need to be disassembled, and then reassembled with just the E parts). you can get a basic idea how the old high-z headphones were constructed on this page, which has some good pix of the internal parts http://oldheadphones.com/crystal/info/restore.html

don't use aluminum for the diaphragm, it must be a magnetic metal.

somehow i'm thinking there's a magnet in the assembly somewhere.... i've taken a pair of high z phones apart before, and i seem to remember a magnetized ring under the diaphragm rim... long time ago before high school

Last edited:
NIL,

or you could use a simple audio amp with a commonly available lo-z headphone as shown here.

If you need an audio power amplifier then why not use one like a simple LM386?
It is stupid to use an TL431 voltage regulator instead of an audio power amplifier.

A matching transformer reduces the output level then it might be so low that it can barely be heard.

I have never made a simple crystal radio but most articles say with high impedance headphones a strong local station is not very loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back