Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check a 277 IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serge 125

Hi all!

I have a 277 that I want to check but I can't find anything on the net for this. I did find the data sheet for it but no ways on
checking it. I provided an image of what I have. Any help with this will be welcomed!!

Serge

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    1 KB · Views: 122
Hi all!

I have a 277 that I want to check but I can't find anything on the net for this. I did find the data sheet for it but no ways on
checking it. I provided an image of what I have. Any help with this will be welcomed!!

Serge
Please provide the link to the datasheet that you found. Also anything else that you know about the part. Did you find it in a piece of equipment? If so, what? Please include pictures.

It was from a brushless motor on an inflatable Christmas snoopie. The motor is "stepping" and at the same time the little light is in sync with the motor so it flashes in the same time as the motor steps. I suspect that part is the problem because I have checked the 2 transistors and they check out.

Page 6 of the data sheet provides a test circuit, just run a magnet of sufficient strength over it and monitor the outputs. Here is an example of a hall effect switch detecting North and south poles of a common magnet.

HAL2.jpg

HAL3.jpg

Ron

Not certain what the moter does. Moves the arms maybe.
It appears that when a magnet gets near the IC it responds.
There are two outputs. Pin 2 and Pin 3. A North magnet will cause pin2 to turn on or go to ground. A South magnet will cause pin 3 to turn on and release pin 2.
Is the motor driving a piston? (in/out function)
I think I have seen it used in a toy train. The train runs down the track until it gets to the end where it sees a magnet. The train then backs up until it see the other end of the track and a different magnet. Now it reverses again. (back and forwards all day)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back