Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to blink each letter of my "LOL" wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluence

I think this must be easy, but i don't know what component to install to produce the effect.

I have soldered 1 resistor per each LED on my LOL wall, and i want that automaticly the "L" blinks" and the "O" and the "L" all at different times (let's say they turn off for 1 second and turn on for 2 seconds).

Do you know what i need to use to do this? I wonder if i need a microcontroller for this, maybe not, dunno. D:

**broken link removed**

Do you want only one letter to be lit at a time? 1s on and 2s off means more than one would be on.

For example:

All the letters are OFF; - Timer> 00:00
"L" and the other "L" turned on for 5 seconds; - Timer> 00:00 to 00:05
"O" turned on for 3 seconds; - Timer> 02:00 to 00:05
"L", "L", and "O" turned off for 1 second; - Timer> 00:06 and the cycle repeats.

If that was too complicated, if just the all the LOL letters were blinking at random, it would be nice too.

The CD4017 and an oscillator can be used for sequencing.

I know it's not what you want but I've just come up with a new LED sequencer.

This flashes the LEDs in sequence from left to right.

The Darlington pairs can be replaced with MOSFETs such as the 2N7000.

If you just want to drive single LEDs then the transistors could be removed, the CD4069 replaced with an hex HC inverter and the LEDs themselves can double as diodes.

In this case you'll need power transistors anyway.

It could also be inverted so each LED flashes off in sequence.

Attachments

• Power 3 LED sequencer.PNG
    Power 3 LED sequencer.PNG
    4.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back