Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOw to begin robot making

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodhi2016

I joined college this year and i also joined robotics club thinking that they will teach how to programme in asm .They are using a compiler called bascom for programming atmega16 microprocessor in basic.But i want to programme a robot in asm or c.So what compiler should i use and how do i burn the programme in microprocessor.I heard of programmer .What is it.Is it a cable used to transfer the programme in the microprocessor
After writing a programme in a baascom the demonstrater clicked a option called burn inm the bascom compiler.The PCB board was connected to a microprocessor with a cable which went behind the CPU where the printer goes .Is that cable called a programmer.But if i amake a programme for a line follwer in my dev c++ compiler how do i transfer it to the microprocessor because in Dev c++ we dont have a burn option.

You can get AVR Studio from the Atmel website, it's a free download. It has an assembler, debugger, simulator, burner ( and likely a few other things ). It direct from the chip manufacturer, so it works, and safe. Bascom is also a free download, but limited to 4k of code, have to pay if you need more. WinAVR is a completely free 'C' compiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back