Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to attach temperature sensor with computer via parallel or serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavenearth

Hi,

I am computer science student and i want to attach a temperature sensor with computer such as LM35 via parallel or serial port. I have already made a circuit of relays for controlling the light bulb through pc using the parallel port and now i want to attach temperature sensor with that circuit so that whenever there is temperature rise a signal is send to pc about temperature rise but i donot have any idea how to do this and which components to use?? One way is to use microcontroller but that is complicated one and i donot have that much idea about electronics. Is it possible to do it just by using relays?? The circuit which i have followed for controlling the light bulb is as below:

**broken link removed**...

i donot want to build the circuit of sensors itself i just want to attach any sensor with the circuit.

If any can help me i shall be thankful.

Regards,

Heavenearth

Hi HE, welcome to the forum.
The way I look at this thing, I'm afraid I'd still recommend you to use microcontroller. A really simple project using USB bit whackers, which means you'll pass the outdated SP and whatnot. From there you can do a lot of stuff. Some of my questions in Sparkfun forums can also help:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back