Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to apply PWM on a Look up table based sinewave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpent

I am programming for a sine-wave UPS/Inverter using PIC.
I am using a 32 points sinetable to get values for the timer to make sine-wave for each half cycle - full cycle 64 points (32 - mirror 32).
I succeeded in getting a sine-wave also. So far it seems OK.

Now I need to introduce PWM to this sine-wave so that voltage remains stable irrespective of load.
I am looking for a logic/example code/suggestions to implement PWM based on output voltage reading from ADC.
I am coding in PIC assembly to reduce code size, but I can understand C code also
Thanks.

Need a little more clarification. Are you trying to make a switch mode power supply while also tasking the PIC with digital voltage regulator duties as well?

I am designing a UPS for mains (12Volt DC to 230V AC)
12V DC switched alternatively on a 12v-0-12v winding of a transformer to induce 230V AC on a secondary winding.
PIC drives MOSFETS in small slices so that output will be sine.
sine.gif

the width of each slice is loaded into a timer from a lookup table, I did it and I am getting this sinewave.
But I need to increase or decrease the width of each slice based on the output voltage during runtime with varying loads. Ideal method will be PID algoritham ( so it seems to me)
But I am implementing this low cost inverter on a PIC16 which may not be able to implement a full PID .
So I am looking for a simple method to provide a closed loop control for this adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back