Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to analyse or design((DONT AVOID)

Status
Not open for further replies.

troubleshooter

HI Friends
i am a very new member of this group/forum & much much less experienced than u guys n gals
I am interested in designing ckts but i really feel very ashamed to tell u that i i have not done up till now..evrytime time i try i get one or other prob and i left.so trying once agian
i just wanna ask how u actually decide to which components to use 4m lac of transistor, diodes,op amp etc. Or even if i consider myself to be not at that stage to design i shld be able to analyze them
i am having basic knowledge of diode, tr, microp(8085)...i dont know whether what i know is suffive or how much in depth knowledge i am having
i have studied some of the topic already there,so i feel this time with people like u there to help , will certainly gain something
sorry for writing so big & hope u didnot get much bored
waiting for ur reply

that strange a lot many of u viewed this topic but no body interested in replying except one person. thanks akg

i know this may be very basic or elementary ques for u but may be just a good startup for me . so post in more reply and guidance

troubleshooter said:
know this may be very basic or elementary ques for u but may be just a good startup for me . so post in more reply and guidance

Instead of blaming others for not answering your "basic or elementary" question, have you ever thought of the problem is the question itself?

"Designing circuit" is neither basic or elementary. You would be better off first studying a lot of existing circuits available to you and understand how they work, and why a certain component & value is being used by the designer. Then you can have a good chance of designing circuits yourself.

you start by deciding on a project ie what the problem is and how it could be solved, you need to understand about the basic circuits out there that are the building blocks of electronics and learn to combines these together. if you think of a simpe project then you can come and ask us how it can be solved. if you want a head start learn all about the 555 timer and opamp general circuits and the basic digital circuits, by combining these simple circuits you can move to larger more complex projects.

by the way for the record yours was the first post I looked at and relyed to when coming to this board

for eblc1388
i am not blaming dude . i certainly agree with u that it is not basic or elementary .In my it is an art which u learn by experience
u said to study existing ckt. that what i am asking what kind and how??????
what shld be my strategy ??

troubleshooter said:
u said to study existing ckt. that what i am asking what kind and how??????
what shld be my strategy ??

Of course you will start from "simple" circuit and then move on to more advance circuits. I can not tell you what is simple and what is advance as this is best judge by you yourself only. In all, a circuit that you fully understand is simple. Sometimes the behaviour of a two-transistor circuit can be tricky to understand fully. By fully understand, I mean you understand why a particular component is being use and know what will happens to the circuit if that component values changes.

Most circuits posted on the internet comes with some form of circuit description and that is how one learn to understand the circuit. Then you ask yourself the question: can I change or add some component so that the circuit can do some other things? For example, can I make it smaller, bigger, louder, cost less, more stable, less heat, sounds better, for timer with longer timing period, ......

There is an analogy here between design and writing. If you ask writers how they do it, you will find that they read a great deal. That is the key point. The way you learn to design is by reading and analyzing other designs. For me the tipping point was the KIM-I single board computer circa 1977. I spent hours picking that design apart for clues about the design process. It was a springboard to many subsequent design projects.

Designing electronics is basically a two part job, where you do both parts at the same time.

First, you have to decide what you need--what are all the things that need to happen for your circuit to work? This is where you come up with equations, transfer functions, etc. The other thing to determine is what you have available to do those things with (this could be parts, well-known building block circuits, or your existing IP). The goal here is to take your equations and find ways to get those properties from electronic parts.

As for what to study, I'd suggest looking more for building-block circuits than complete designs. Going over someone's schematic for a finished product will take forever, and you will probably miss major details. Instead, I'd get a good electronics text and study all the little circuits you find described in there. Analyzing them is not necessary--you only need to understand qualitatively what is happening (of course, sometimes you have to do the analysis to figure that out).

Once you know about a bunch of these "building blocks" (you really only have to know that they exist), then it's not so hard to choose a bunch of them to string together.

building block ckts???????

i_build_stuff said:
As for what to study, I'd suggest looking more for building-block circuits than complete designs. Going over someone's schematic for a finished product will take forever, and you will probably miss major details. Instead, I'd get a good electronics text and study all the little circuits you find described in there. Analyzing them is not necessary--you only need to understand qualitatively what is happening (of course, sometimes you have to do the analysis to figure that out).

Once you know about a bunch of these "building blocks" (you really only have to know that they exist), then it's not so hard to choose a bunch of them to string together.

i had bought one digital multimeter (cheaper one)along with a breadboard and some other basic components like transitor ,diodes ,555 timer IC ,9v battery etc to start with.
what other i shld try to arrange and suggest some study material or PROJECT to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back