Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to amplify toy sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

hello friends,
I have a small toy which plays melody sound when it's switch is pressed.
The melody sound is great and superb But the sound is too low.

I want to increase or amplify it's sound by adding a sound amplifying circuit.

So, what should I do !

Sometimes just connecting a bigger better speaker is all that's required to get more volume. Better acoustics of the speaker enclosure can also increase the volume.

Sometimes just connecting a bigger better speaker is all that's required to get more volume. Better acoustics of the speaker enclosure can also increase the volume.
It contains buzzer not speaker, friend..

Friend that's the challenge..
The buzzer has the capabilities for higher volume..
but the toy circuit is not amplifying properly..
So, we need other circuit to amplify it..

By 'buzzer', are you referring to a piezo transducer?

If it's a piezo in a toy, it's likely driven by a squarewave (full battery voltage swing). if you want to use the original piezo element you'll likely have to increase the supply voltage.. the other option is to use a transistor as the buffer and an inductor as a voltage boost element ref: https://goo.gl/trzDT (I don't know how well this works); change the transistor to suit.

You could connect two wires from the piezo terminals to the line-in input of an amplifier. But "The melody sound is great and superb" probably won't apply when you hear the sound amplified and fed to decent loudspeakers :D

You don't need an 'amplifier', as it's not a linear transducer, and only a squarewave feeding it.

Simplest solution would be a simple H-bridge to drive the buzzer in a bridged configuration - this gives you double the voltage, and four times the power.

I did this with a piezo buzzer for a project in Practical Electronics, although the original design used a single PIC pin to feed the piezo, I simply wired the other end of the piezo to an unused pin and rewrote the software to give a bridged output. The volume difference was substantial, and is probably all you need.

Sometimes just connecting a bigger better speaker is all that's required to get more volume.**broken link removed**

2---4 or 8 ohm?

Tell you the truth ,,using a piezo.. Think i would try a lo-tech approach and use a carboard or plastic tube ,,sound is the movement of air ...so if a guy could contain the intial air to simply,mildly compress around the piezo,and out the tube.. a change in volume can occur ...just like cupping your mouth with your hands when you hollar through a canyon ..ot to get someones attention ..directional yes.. louder...maybe

just its probably going to have that talking through a tube effect..so a litlle experimenting with the tube an the placement of the piezo would be in order..

MHO

A HEX inverting CMOS buffer chip would do the job - but first you need to find out exactly what the signal levels and supply voltages are - a schematic would be good as well.
supply voltage is : 5v dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back