Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to adjust gain of an audio amp design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myocke

Can anyone please
image.gif
suggest the best way to adjust the gain of the audio amp circuit shown in the above schematic?

Put a small value unbypassed emitter resitor between the emitter of the Darlington and gnd.

I recently needed a carbon mic equivalent for an aircraft radio. Aircraft radios expect a specific, preset level. I converted a 500Ω dynamic CB mic for that use with the following circuit:

carbon.gif

I experimentally found a value of the emitter resistor that provided the correct level. I settled on 16Ω

Last edited:
Last edited:
Nice preamp, but it won't work as a carbon mic replacement.

ak

If you want adjustable gain, try a 500Ω pot connected as a rheostat (wiper connected to one end) in series with the transistor emitter to ground.

Can anyone please suggest the best way to adjust the gain of the audio amp circuit shown in the above schematic?

The 22K resistor is the majority of the negative feedback. Adjusting it adjusts the audio gain. It also shifts the circuit's operating point, so start with small steps, like a 20K resistor and a 5K pot in series.

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back