Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add a jumper in ULTIBOARD 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

konradIC13

Hello

I have imported my design into ULTIBOARD from MULTISIM, placed elements and started autoruting. Its almost finished but there are only 3 connections left. I want to stop autorouting and change those connections to jumpers. However the place-> jumper option is gray, not avaliabl. How do i place jumpers?

Never used the program, but how about using 0 ohm resistors where you want jumpers? ie. go back in schematic editor and add 0 ohm resistors where you want jumpers, then update layout. I dunno, just a thought.

Last edited:
Hello, i finally found it out, it was quite silly but some of the options are avaliable only when you focus on appropriate layer. The jumpers could be only placed on active copper layer so when i was on wrong layer (all visible but you have to double click one) the option was unavaliable.

What's special about multisim?
I only heard it has a 3D view on how the final design will look like.
Almost all students here use that.
Does it have a downloadable freeware? I'll try it.
I use Eagle myself for the projects we do.

I have choosed multisim because it can simulate how the circuit will work and allows you to do measurments (voltages, currents etc.), you create a schematic, you can simulate it and then you can transfer schematic to ultiboard to create PCB. I like that everything is there so i dont have to use multiple programs and then worry if one schematic will work in other program.

Its not free but there is 30 days evaluation peroid, you can download it on official site
https://download.ni.com/evaluation/...der/NI_Circuit_Design_Suite_12_downloader.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back