Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add a component in multisim

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgun777

Hi I am new to this simulation stuff

I am trying to simulate an OBD2 mini simulator in multisim 11 but can not figure out where to get the ATMEGA8-P component from or how to create it.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated

Hi,

There are a few resources that will be helpful for you.

Because this will be a rectangular block diagram to represent the component, you'll be probably best to follow the Component Wizard (Tools > Component Wizard). This will walk you through the process of creating the component, which you can make according to the block diagram in the datasheet.

There's a tutorial here: Creating a Custom Component in NI Multisim - Developer Zone - National Instruments

Also, there's a YouTube video that shows another method of creating a component that may also be helpful/supplemental.

Regardless of the methods that you choose, you will need to edit the symbol and rename pins to match the pins in the datasheet. Because there are a couple I/O arrays (ex: PB0-PB7), one tip that might be useful for you is the Add Pin Array function in the Symbol Editor which will allow you to mass-create all those pins at once.

Here are some tips on the Symbol Editor:
1. First enlarge the boundary box (Edit > Resize Boundary Box)
2. Now you can begin adding/repositioning/renaming pins
* Pins are always tied to the boundary box outline

Hopefully this gets you started!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back