How to add a component in multisim

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgun777

Hi I am new to this simulation stuff

I am trying to simulate an OBD2 mini simulator in multisim 11 but can not figure out where to get the ATMEGA8-P component from or how to create it.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated

Hi,

There are a few resources that will be helpful for you.

Because this will be a rectangular block diagram to represent the component, you'll be probably best to follow the Component Wizard (Tools > Component Wizard). This will walk you through the process of creating the component, which you can make according to the block diagram in the datasheet.

There's a tutorial here: Creating a Custom Component in NI Multisim - Developer Zone - National Instruments

Also, there's a YouTube video that shows another method of creating a component that may also be helpful/supplemental.

Regardless of the methods that you choose, you will need to edit the symbol and rename pins to match the pins in the datasheet. Because there are a couple I/O arrays (ex: PB0-PB7), one tip that might be useful for you is the Add Pin Array function in the Symbol Editor which will allow you to mass-create all those pins at once.

Here are some tips on the Symbol Editor:
1. First enlarge the boundary box (Edit > Resize Boundary Box)
2. Now you can begin adding/repositioning/renaming pins
* Pins are always tied to the boundary box outline

Hopefully this gets you started!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…