Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to ADC for analog phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuanvoi

Hi all,
Could you please give me some hints about how do do A/D conversion of an analog signal coming from an analog phone to digital signal. I will be using PIC18F4550, 40 pins. Could you please show me how to do this conversion in C programming for my PIC18F4550. Thank you so much.

Set the A/D converter up to run at it's fastest rate for your pic clock (but not too fast or you will loose bits, check the table) and use Vcc as a reference. Run the phone speaker through an audio isolation transformer. Amplify that signal with an opamp, bias the opamp to 1/2 Vcc, set the gain so the peak is under Vcc. Use the A/D interrupt to read it as fast as you can. Process or transmit or save or whatever during the conversions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back