Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to achieve a 4-20mA input from a 24Vdc supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christy

Hi there,
I am a student who is busy with a wireless device which as an analog input. How do I achieve a 4-20mA input to apply it to the device's analog terminal. A diagram would really help.

Thanks

hi,
Do you mean you want to generate a 4mA to 20mA current source, or convert 4-20mA to a voltage.?

hi thanks for the reply. I actually want to generate a 4-20mA current source from a potentiometer if possible. I have two wireless devices, the one device is the main with inputs and the other device is the receiver where a Variable speed drive to connected to it. I want to connect a 4-20mA input to the main device and will in-turn vary the speed of the motor remotely via a pot. I do I achieve this?

hi,
This is a simple 4mA to 20mA current source.

Whats the input impedance of the load resistor the current is flowing thru.?

E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back