Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How this transistor works in this circiut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_s

While learning about transistors, I've found this circuit. After trying to understand how it works, I've no idea.
Basically, the circuit works using the collapsing magnetic field of a bifilar toroid.
As I understand, transistor works permitting to flow the electricity from collector to emitter, while applying a positive voltage to the base.
Basically I'm used to see an oscillator (like a 555), sending the on/off signal to the base of the collector.

In this circuit I cannot understand how the on/off signal is created. Maybe combining the resistor and capacitor to create a RC charge/discharge?
All information is welcome, because I don't understand anything.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Thanks for all the answers.
Maybe is similar like this circuit?
**broken link removed**

The main question is how the base of the transistor is switched on and off.

As far I know, I think the pulses are being sent into the base of the transistor by the RC combination. Without the 555 IC, anyone can send pulses with this simple circuit?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back