Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How this electrical generator works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Nichols

I bought some weeks ago an electrical generator that uses water pressure to produce electricity.
I have disassembled the generator and I don't fully understand how it works.

It is like this one:
1.JPG

The motor
2eauzhk.jpg

I supose that there is a magnet somewhere that alternates between north and south when the piece in the right (the picture that has 2 pieces) rotates. There is only one magnet? maybe more?

That appears to be built on outrunner style where the rotor is on the outside with the stator coils on the inside.
There should be a number of magnets on the rotor normally.
See the Fisher-Paykel motor for the motor version or any RC outrunner.
**broken link removed**
Max.

That appears to be built on outrunner style where the rotor is on the outside with the stator coils on the inside.
There should be a number of magnets on the rotor normally.
See the Fisher-Paykel motor for the motor version or any RC outrunner.
**broken link removed**
Max.
Are you refering to this? (left one)
**broken link removed**

I have checked the link you have wrote and I understand a little bit better the concept. The magnet(s) must be on the rotor. But... there are small magnets like in the above picture or just only one magnet?
(this is a ferrite core, but I post the picture here to get an idea about how the magnet would look like)
componentes-electronicos-229401-MLA20324941744_062015-Y.jpg

The rotor almost certainly contains a ring magnet with multiple poles. You can check the number of poles by running a paper-clip, nail, etc around the inside of the ring and counting the "notches" you feel.

The rotor almost certainly contains a ring magnet with multiple poles. You can check the number of poles by running a paper-clip, nail, etc around the inside of the ring and counting the "notches" you feel.
Good idea, About 14... I have counted. Maybe there are 1 or 2 less because I have counted it quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back