Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How should i program my ds2432?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_ak

Hi all, new here and new to robotics and the lot. I have a DS 2432 from Maxim / Dallas Semiconductors. It is a very very small EEprom.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/11/DS2432.pdf

The kind you would find on a printer ink cartridge etc, and it is usually used for keeping track of a number (counting). Anyway, i want to read the data off of it, and i have it setup on a circuit already that i can get to the pins easily. Just need to know how i am going to read the data / program it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you, i corrected the wording.. And ill check it out. Netbeans or bloodshed? you think they would have it?

I guess it needs to be in java according to their site, so i will look for an example with NetBeans.

**broken link removed** and i hooked up a usb connection today to my breadboard. Now, like i said im new to this, so since i have that library would i still need to use a micro processor?
Thanks again for all of your help so far! :D

I hope you didn't think i was trying to be rude. :( Anyway, i have found a programmer at radioshack that i think is for avr chips, or something. Either way, if i pick up a programmer do you think i can hook in my pins and use that? If so, that would make my life a lot easier.

Thanks again for you help.

Ansel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back