Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how much would a transformer cost for an arcade machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shano

i got a street fighter arcade machine (FREE) and i looked it over and all it needs is a new transformer

how much would it cost and where would be the best place to buy it?

if ya help me i might even let you play lol

shano said:
i got a street fighter arcade machine (FREE) and i looked it over and all it needs is a new transformer

how much would it cost and where would be the best place to buy it?

if ya help me i might even let you play lol

It depends on exactly what it is, and if you get it as a spare part from the manufacturer or not. If it's got lots of windings you might need to get it as a spare, otherwise you may be able to get a general purpose transformer.

But first you need to know what specification it is, how many windings, what voltages they put out and what current it needs to provide.

If you don't know the specifications your only option is to get it as a spare (if you can).

I was working on arcade games for couple of years. What do you
need transformer for? Are you sure it's transformer and not
someting else?
In case transformer you are looking for is the part to generate
high voltage for CRT monitor you will have to look for replacement
part that matches that unit, preferably original.
If by transformer you mean power supply, you can use PC power supply
(some games require negative voltages as well for the audio circuit but
most will need only +5V and +12V).
If all you want is AC isolation transformer, you can buy any 1:1 transformer for rated voltage in your country and power of ca 500Watt should be plenty for everything (lighting, monitor and DC power supply).
Prices (just for orientation purposes)
AC isolation transformer - ca $100
High Voltage - ca $35-100
Power supply - ca $30-100

Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back