Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much of an introvert are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThermalRunaway

I'd never taken a personality test before, but I came across this one and found that apparently I'm an INTJ. Having read the description of an "INTJ" I'd say it was probably accurate, but it has made me think seriously about the type of person I am!!!

What type are you?

Brian

I took a test with a counselor, years ago, and found out I'm INFP. I've been testing that ever since, and find it pretty accurate. Seems to explain a lot of the choices I've made. My girlfriend at the time was INFJ, and the difference accounted for the many fights we had. :)

There have been times, though, throughout my life when I've experienced a strong need for affiliation, but mostly I'm happy being a recluse. :)

Ha ha, just took that test Brian; it came out INFP again!!

Last edited:
I just looked it up on dictionary.com, and I quote:

"of or pertaining to gratification derived from stimulation of the anus."

You're on your own Nigel!!!

Brian

Hmmm. One of the descriptions for an ESTJ person is "anal", according to the website.

I wonder what that means???

No, it means retentive. (Holding the sh*t inside, and a very high need for order, as opposed to expulsive - spraying the sh*t on everyone standing close and living amongst kaos.)

That's why he's a great tech!

I found yours quite interesting BeeBop. I've read both yours and Nigels and can honestly say neither of those would accurately describe me, although there are a couple of common things shared between mine and yours. I never really rated personality tests before, I always assumed they were a bit of a gimmick and it would be silly to think you could classify people into certain types and groups.

So far though, it would seem that as long as you answer truthfully (as opposed to ideally), you do get quite an accurate reading of personality.

Brian

ISTJ
responsible, planner, private, loner tendencies, perfectionist, organized, detail oriented, organized, would rather be friendless than jobless, realistic, observer, clean, focused, does not talk about feelings, finisher, punctual, private, does not appreciate strangeness, not adventurous, not spontaneous, follows the rules, dutiful, avoids mistakes, conventional, likes solitude, insensitive to the hardships of others, prepared, anti-tattoos, thinks rules are important, cautious, security seeking, prepares for worst case scenarios, logical, analytical, does not accept apologies easily, hard working

favored careers:
data analyst, scientist, researcher, engineer, financial planner, statistician, office worker, government employee, lab technician, nuclear engineer, office manager, biomedical engineer, account manager, ceo, investment banker, analyst, academic, systems analyst, pharmacy technician, network admin, genetics researcher, research assistant, strategist

disfavored careers:

entertainer, artist, filmmaker, musician, actor, fashion desinger, singer, music journalist, comedian, massage therapist, photographer, dj, model, author, bartender, painter, school counselor

Last edited:
hi Brian,

Puzzled of Portsmouth, rating INTJ, same as you you.

Is there anything I should start to worry about?:confused:

Regards

BeeBop said:
No, it means retentive. (Holding the sh*t inside, and a very high need for order, as opposed to expulsive - spraying the sh*t on everyone standing close and living amongst kaos.)

At least Vancouver is a good long distance away, South Wales isn't far at all! ;)

Good rule to live by - don't take the p*ss out of 3rd dan's who live within driving distance :D (and also have a new GPS they just bought!).

Nigel Goodwin said:
At least Vancouver is a good long distance away, South Wales isn't far at all! ;)

Good rule to live by - don't take the p*ss out of 3rd dan's who live within driving distance :D (and also have a new GPS they just bought!).

Eeeek! :eek:

I'm willing to bet I can run faster than you though...

ThermalRunaway said:
ISTJ
responsible, planner, private, loner tendencies, perfectionist, organized, detail oriented, organized, would rather be friendless than jobless, realistic, observer, clean, focused, does not talk about feelings, finisher, punctual, private, does not appreciate strangeness, not adventurous, not spontaneous, follows the rules, dutiful, avoids mistakes, conventional, likes solitude, insensitive to the hardships of others, prepared, anti-tattoos, thinks rules are important, cautious, security seeking, prepares for worst case scenarios, logical, analytical, does not accept apologies easily, hard working

favored careers:
data analyst, scientist, researcher, engineer, financial planner, statistician, office worker, government employee, lab technician, nuclear engineer, office manager, biomedical engineer, account manager, ceo, investment banker, analyst, academic, systems analyst, pharmacy technician, network admin, genetics researcher, research assistant, strategist

disfavored careers:

entertainer, artist, filmmaker, musician, actor, fashion desinger, singer, music journalist, comedian, massage therapist, photographer, dj, model, author, bartender, painter, school counselor

Oh thank goodness! Although I suppose in another life, I always wanted to be a techno DJ.

INTJ right here. Although several 'skills tests' I took back in school said I would be best suited to a 'Systems analyst', then an engineer...then a musician of all things. I don't put much faith in these sorts of tests, psychology is a bit 'rocky' at the best of times. But hey, just a bit of fun, and it seems to be right, but rather than'introvert' I tihnk my excuse is that I'm just a bit of a criticising, unsociable, geek :D

BT

At least Vancouver is a good long distance away, South Wales isn't far at all!
Nah, nah nah, nah na na! :)

Actually, Thermal and Optikon, you are the types I admire, and would like to be more like. My paintings were like that - austere, clean, calm, controlled - so unlike my life. The Tao, looking for balance, I guess.

The tests are supposed to be really accurate, if you answer honestly. One thing to be aware of, though, is that an introvert gets the ideas and insight about themselves from within, and an extrovert looks to others to reflect this information. We usually use these terms incorrectly to talk about how much one likes to be around others.

then a musician of all things.

Music and mathematics are very closely related; music is about relationships ratios, and order. I wouldn't advise following the arts, even to my worst enemy, if I had one. (Maybe I made one on this thread, today, though!) :)

I've never put much weight in these things, but I figured what the heck. I got ENTP. What does that mean?

ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.
Well, that's not all bad!

Oh, here's what it says for the "Jung type" (as a writer/reader myself, I've always respected that fellow):
risk taker, easy going, outgoing, social, open, rule breaker, thrill seeker, life of the party, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, appreciates strangeness, disorganized, adventurous, talented at presentation, aggressive, attention seeking, experience junky, insensitive, adaptable, not easily offended, messy, carefree, dangerous, fearless, careless, emotionally stable, spontaneous, improviser, always joking, player, wild and crazy, dominant, acts without thinking, not into organized religion, pro-weed legalization

favored careers:

dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, figher pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin

disfavored careers:

personal assistant, wedding planner, travel agent, secretary, interior decorator, clerical employee, government employee, social worker, pre school teacher, copy editor, child care worker, hospitality worker, occupational therapist, home maker

Hmm... wild and crazy pro-weed dictator? I could see myself joining the Green Party, even though my opinions in a lot of respects are very traditionalist and conservative in structure. This is no doubt going to get me into trouble around the school board office... I'm a band director by the way - spooky!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back