Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how much harder is DTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I don't see how bandwidth is improved by the new system.
The RF channel bandwidth is the same for both analog and digital but the digital HD obviously carries a lot more information than the analog SD channel did. If there was no improvement in bandwidth efficiency, the HD channel bandwidth would have been much larger.

Jiggly Puff

Wouldn't you agree that "Dark Lord Chris" doesn't have as much of a ominous or threatening ring to it as other names? I mean can you hear people saying "Run! The Dark Lord Chris coming!" just doesn't sound right. You'd have to work extra hard to inspire fear with a name like that. My theory is that you need a two syllable name- Vader, Sauron. THose seem to work. Three syllables is too much...think about Voldemort...that name just sounds stupid. Then again, Dark Lord Christoper doesn't sound so bad even though it has 3 syllables, but it doesn't sound as good the Dark Lord Christoph which only has two.

Like Dark Lord Torben sounds much better. Dark Lord Chris is about as fear-inspiring as Dark Lord Jiggly Puff.

Surely you have heard of the fearsome Dark Lord Jiggly Puff of the Dark side of the Blue Moon. Arghhh:eek::eek:

177 to 803 MHz...that's still a lot of bandwidth.
How many stations can occupy that?

There are a lot of friendly names. Dark Lord Buffy Dark Lord Sam. I don't think syllables make the difference. Jimmy, Larry, Bernie. (Can't end with "e") It should sound foreign and starting with an uncommon first letter may help. Exitor, Yourlic, Zqurkenphk. Ok, I'll stop.

ok well what about dark lord krustof that sounds pretty foriegn right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back