Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much for a sq. Meter of PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ordered a M² from a pcb house? I see some pretty low $/in² from China, like say **broken link removed**. The kicker has to be setup fees, routing, and shipping. Any anecdotal stories or links to other shops on this?

The board design will be similar to this **broken link removed**.

Hi Nickelflippr

a sq.Meter? it seems too large, the pricing changes for the size of the board, larger is more expensive, for Led pcb Aluminium PCB is better, it is good thermal conductivity.

Regards,
Hong Bin

Should have explained a little better. Led pcb to be for (3) 5050 RGB leds, or (9) 5mm straw hat leds. The diameter of each pcb will from 2.5cm to 5.0 cm each, so 400-800 individual boards to be routed from the square meter. Pcb's will generate approximately 0.7W max of heat, might be border line for fr4? Not against aluminum boards, just presumed they would be much more expensive.

Saw a post here previously about a 200 in² for $89 + $30 shipping. The status of the project is just in the budget stage at the moment, so used that number.

Hi Nickelflippr,

Yes, Aluminum boards are expensive than FR4, if 0.7W max of heat,then FR4 should be ok, but it seems the diameter of each pcb is small, the boards should be done by panel.
Like I said, the pricing changes for the board size and the quantity your order and something else, like soldermask and silkscreen, surface finish, lead time...

where is the post here previously about a 200 in² $89 + $30 shipping, can you give me a link?

Regards,
Hong Bin

Hi Nickelflippr,

NO, I think it is not good for you to place an order on their website, no mention for the quality, no mention for Rock solid delivery dates, although there is a Competitive pricing. if you checked carefully there aslo are some website problems, you see that?

Usually they offer price according to the gerber file, if it is possible, you can send me the files, I give you a price for reference. by the way, I working on a printed circuit boards manufacture in China.

Regards,
Hong Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back