Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much do you know about these electronic specific roles? As Im job searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasternTIGERS

Hi everyone, sorry I didnt post much I dont have a computer yet still looking, Hope all is well, okay so you may all know im job hunting and have a little electronic knowledge, I was looking for jobs that require fault finding and soldering and testing components as Im fairly comfortable with these. On my job searches on some descriptions I came across the following and wondered if you guys know what these mean and what level they are, i.e. if you can learn them yourself. So let me paste you some requirements on the jobs I found

seeking a creative engineer to take a leading position in the roll-out of its ground-breaking digital printing technology. The role will involve the engineering and detailed design of print heads and systems, for industrial and commercial applications

• A strong personality

• System level electronic design

• Complex FPGA development (VHDL / Altera preferred)

• High speed digital board design

• PC bus architectures, especially PCI and PCI Express

• Getting boards manufactured and tested

• DC-DC converter development

• Mixed-signal circuit design

So as you can see these are the details I came across and would like information on a few of these on how advance they are, considering these posts were required to have a degree at least 2:1 in MeEn but surley you can learn this from books and self taught ways?

Thanks

I have to laugh at the requirements that are being listed for jobs these days. Who can do all those things they want? Most people are doing good to be competent in just a couple of those things. Everyone wants engineering "Superman" these days.

... and yet are willing to pay only a fraction of what that "Superman" is worth...

When the say engineer, they normally mean one with an engineering degree. It's pretty hard for a self-taught engineer to get an engineering job. Without a degree a more likely job is as an electronic technician, test technician or in electronic repair.

The job requirements you posted appear to be for an experienced project or chief engineer.

When the say engineer, they normally mean one with an engineering degree. It's pretty hard for a self-taught engineer to get an engineering job. Without a degree a more likely job is as an electronic technician, test technician or in electronic repair.

The job requirements you posted appear to be for an experienced project or chief engineer.

Hi thank you, yes this specific job was for the high end engineer way out of my league, you are correct people like me have to just stick with the ones you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back