Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much current can stripboards carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinofx

I have some ready-to-use boards from radioshack that have gold traces on them. Does anyone know if I can run 1.5 amps along some of the traces? I also have a pen that draws traces. Can I use this to increase the current rating? Thanks.

not really. Tin the strip with alot of solder if you want to have it carry more current.

I have a solenoid driver at work (1A mean) and All I did was beef up the stripboard with alot of copper along the main current-path

So, what's the intended limit? I can't find ratings on these things anywhere.

Does this mean that it's not even safe to have 1 amp go from one hole to the adjacent one? Of course, they would probably end up connected by solder anyway.

Thanks again Ron. Hole spacing is standard .1", so traces must be around .075". I'm not sure what all of the column heading meant, but the smallest value was 2.0 amps.

However, the traces are full of holes, so I guess I'll have to fill them in somehow.

dinofx said:
Thanks again Ron. Hole spacing is standard .1", so traces must be around .075". I'm not sure what all of the column heading meant, but the smallest value was 2.0 amps.

However, the traces are full of holes, so I guess I'll have to fill them in somehow.

Don't worry about it! - if you really want to beef the tracks up then solder wires along them. But 1.5A shouldn't be too much of a problem!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back