Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How Many Pixels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Questions:

1.) How many pixels would the following screen contain? Given that there are 10 lines and 22 rows. (You can zoom in with your browser as it appears to be a bit too small just the way is there).

2.) How do you create fonts for such screens? Would this particular font be available somewhere?

Last edited:
Most character screens use different font sizes... 9x8, 16x8 etc.. so it's hard to tell..... An old CGA monitor had 320x200 pixels.

Bitmap fonts are readily available for most applications.... Just check T'interweb..

The small font look to me to be 6 pixels high and 5 wide, which is 6 pixels char H width. The tall font is also 6 pixels wide but is 8 pixels high with a one pixel V spacing, so 9 pixels total V height.

It looks like all lines are spaced at 9 pixels V height so,
LCD width = 6 x 20 chars = 120 pixels (possibly more, left screen edge may have spare pixels)
LCD height = 9 x 10 lines = 90 pixels (or possible a bit less, the bottom line looks short)

So maybe 120x88 pixels? 128x88? 128x96?

They may have used a high res screen and doubled the pixels up, but then if they did that they could have used much nicer looking fonts. If you look at the N in path descent or est crossing it absolutely looks like 6 pixels high and 5 wide;
Code:
#   #
##  #
# # #
#  ##
#   #
#   #

1.) How many pixels would the following screen contain? Given that there are 10 lines and 22 rows. (You can zoom in with your browser as it appears to be a bit too small just the way is there)
.Looks to me like 10 x 20 x width of row x height of line.

Here is my enlargement of an "N"

Last edited:
I saw those but assumed they are aliases caused by display pixels reacting with the camera pixels.

I don't think someone would make a font where the N would have little nipples on top, nor why it would appear on some N chars but not other Ns.

It looks like the N is a 5*6 grid (like my diagram), either of actual 5x6 pixels or 10x12 pixels as 4pixel squares etc.

With alot of displays like this, the Font is fixed. It's not a Windows environmrent but an embedded one. You probably have to write characters to each position/line manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back