Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How many of you experts in Electronics are familar with Electromechnical devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasternTIGERS

Hi everyone, I am really into and love watching and learning about robots and Electronics, I also came across many names such as Servo Motors, Accelerometers, Stepper Motors etc... I did some research and seen things like accerelometers can be used in Laptops incase they fall the hard drive can protect itself from crashing into the platters. I also learnt that Radio Control toys can have servo motors, however when I opened my old radio control car the left/right motor was just a standard motor to control the functions. Anyway im wondering if you can give me a list of other types of devices apart from the 3 I mentioned and if you used them before in any projects, Id love to know what you used these wonderful devices for

Thanks everyone, I learnt so much from you guys

You might also want to have a look at shaft encoders or rotary encoders. They measure the rotation of the motor and give positional feedback, so you can control (eg) which way the wheels are pointing.

For accelerometers, have a look at Analog Devices, Inc. |Converters Amplifiers Processors MEMS A/D Converters Analog to Digital Video Converter Temperature Sensors Analog Device RF Amplifiers Differential Amplifiers Digital Signal Processing Thermal Management D to A Converters Micro - Analogue devices inc

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back