Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How many of you done a Aptitude Test? More specifically in Math?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasternTIGERS

Hi everyone, In case I havent said I also like air craft and take an interest in the commerical airlines. The engineering side of things mainly, I got onto reading about the tests Pilots go through and they all have to sit an Aptitude test this is to filter out the weaker caniditates from the stronger more potential ones. I looked on the net and came across basic Aptitude tests and one was in math see this website if you can and the answers are already given but how many of you would get these answers correct? I send this link with several other sample questions to my friend in India he is an electronic engineer and tells me math algebra calculus etc.. are mandatory for his field and said its childs play

Example of a Math Aptitude Test.

I like electronics and love engineering but when it comes to tests as the above link then I get confused, how about you guys?

You can normally get better at these sorts of tests by practising them, there will be a limit to your performance but you'll never reach it.

You can normally get better at these sorts of tests by practising them, there will be a limit to your performance but you'll never reach it.

Sure I am not expecting to be the next Satyendranath Bose or srinivasa Ramanujan but I have read a lot about these interesting people from books and its something about math that is very interesting, mabie because I watched a few vids on youtube, they is a guy called KHAN academy he teaches algebra and many other great tutorials.

I dont think you can change the way you think in terms of Alptitude tests as our brains are hard wired for certain things. Its impossible to prepare for them is what im saying

I once took the US Army Flight Aptitude Test for helocoptor pilot program. I passed the test, but failed the eye exam. Bummer....

I'd probably fail because I'm very slightly colour-blind which is silly because I can differentiate between most colours, it's just subtle shades of, red, brown and green I'm supposed to have trouble with but it's never bothered me before.

I probably would have been sent home after the psychological screening anyway :)

I'd probably fail because I'm very slightly colour-blind which is silly because I can differentiate between most colours, it's just subtle shades of, red, brown and green I'm supposed to have trouble with but it's never bothered me before.

Yeah, no one pays any attention to traffic lights anyway! :p

As I said it's subtle shades, obvious colours such as traffic lights and resistor colour codes are easy for me to differentiate between.

Traffic lights shouldn't be a problem unless you're totally colour blind because the green light has a hint of blue so even if you're severely red-green colourblind, it won't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back