Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how many hour this fan run by 7.5 ah sealed battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamun2a

**broken link removed****broken link removed**

i wish to operate this type of CarFan by 12V7.5 AH sealed rechargeable battery. now i want to know how many hour i can run with this 8" fan without damaging the battery?

I have an [Laptop] adapter of 12V 1.2 A which is Digital wave/volt output [a 12 volt incandescent bulb is work like dancing light ], does it use for charging the above said battery?

I am missing something here? Looks like you have a 120 VAC 60 Hz. fan there. It is not going to run off 12 VDC.

i wish to operate this type of CarFan by 12V7.5 AH sealed rechargeable battery. now i want to know how many hour i can run with this 8" fan without damaging the battery?

Then you mention this:

I have an [Laptop] adapter of 12V 1.2 A which is Digital wave/volt output [a 12 volt incandescent bulb is work like dancing light ], does it use for charging the above said battery?

What do you mean by that? You have an inverter to convert 12 VDC to 120 VAC 60 Hz. to run the fan? I am missing something in all of this.

Ron

I think he wants to run the fan off of the battery, and use the charger to charge the battery. That won't work, because the fan needs AC.

If I'm correct, the laptop charger converts 120VAC 60Hz to 12VDC 1.2A. Don't think that will be good for charging a battery either, because it's constantly charging, and if left indefinitely chargin will break battery!:eek:

Last edited:
Woah, that one on the top left is the same one I use on my boat! I got it from Wal-Mart lol...

It does look like almost all of those are 12VDC. In that case, he's good to go using one of those.

@Reloadron
the fan is 12v for car.
the adaptor/inverter is for 220 ac to 12v

transistor: i may use wrong pix, but it is almost same. some site i found it consump 15 watt then pls give me the how many hour it would run?

It will last around 5 to 6 hours, with just the fan connected, depending on the quality of the battery.

Will you have any other loads connected to the battery?

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
@Reloadron
the fan is 12v for car.
the adaptor/inverter is for 220 ac to 12v

transistor: i may use wrong pix, but it is almost same. some site i found it consump 15 watt then pls give me the how many hour it would run?

Then I agree with Hero as to about 5 to 6 hours. The posted picture shows a 120 VAC 60 Hz. line cord as used in the US. Thus I questioned what the required power was.

Ron

still now no wish to connect, but have to set provision for LED bulb/ CFL bulb, and the better news is i have 2 same battery, i think for use parallel to double the amp :))

it means 5/6 hour without damaging battery life [i mean from that level from where the battery cannot recharge again]??

Last edited:
The battery shouldn't be discharged below 10.5V.

How much current does the LED and CFL use?

Why use a fan? It will just blow the hot air around without cooling. If you are sweating then you might feel a little cooler.
We use air conditioning instead.

How is he supposed to power an air conditioning unit from a 12V 7.5Ah SLA?

Air-Conditioning leads to global warming by two ways:

1) The generated heat increases the surrounding temperature. Mainly in cities.

2) CFC's that affects the ozone layer and damages it allows free passage of UV radiations.

Fan and wet air-coolers are good.

Air-Conditioning leads to global warming by two ways:

1) The generated heat increases the surrounding temperature. Mainly in cities.

2) CFC's that affects the ozone layer and damages it allows free passage of UV radiations.

Fan and wet air-coolers are good.

I don't want to get into the global warming debate as I know it's banned but I'll just correct the two statements you've made.

1) That's just an increase in temperature in cities due to the urban heat island effect, cars and central heating also contribute to this effect. This has nothing to do with anthropogenic climate change which affects the whole world, not just a city.

2) CFCs damage the ozone layer and are unrelated to global warming and modern air-conditioning units don't use ozone depleting CFCs.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not going to argue, but it's the energy used to power air conditioning that is blamed for global warming.

I forgot to say that CFC replacements are also blamed for global warming but it's a non-issue if they're disposed of in the correct manner which is a legal requirement in most countries.

Last edited:
Do people in Bangladesh walk around carrying a heavy lead-acid battery and a fan?
It is a fan for a car so I assumed it is used to blow around the hot air in a car that is stuck in traffic.

Global Warming?? I live in Canada, not in a hot desert. We heat our homes and cars in winter and we cool them with air conditioning in summer because we are civilized. Some poor countries do not have heating, cooling, food or housing.

Opening a car window when it is moving and it is hot outside simply blows around hot air and lets out the air that was cooled by the air-conditioner.

EDIT:
Maybe they carry a fan and open the car window to blow away their bad smell. When I go shopping and see people who "look different" then I hold my breath when they go past because they stink.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back