Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How long does it take your time for once order PCB shopping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCBWING

Hi! :) Can anyone provides the data: How long does it take your time away for once Order PCB shopping?

I mean:

Send e-mail or forth in the message board to write processing instructions, waiting for quotes, and Paypal payment. Thank you!

Depends on the customer service values with the company your trading with...

Some companies have a well polished PCB submission system + payment gateway that will automate the whole process. From there, if you pay the right price you can have the PCBs completed in a couple of days. For a decent (cheap) price, your looking at ~6+ days though.

Thank you very much for your reply ,it does not including the manufacture time, I mean the time to submit the order itself. We hope that new users within 10 minutes, the old users within 5 minutes to complete the whole submit order process.

When I submit my PCB file (ExpressPCB), the dominate time is the time it take me to pull my credit card from my wallet and type in the number.

The last order I sent took the time it takes to attach a few Gerber files to an email - about a minute?

I have been buying from General Circuits via their website PCBCart.com. The process is typically very fast for standard pcbs, once I have decided on the specs and quantity. I usually go through the quote process about 3 or 4 times to make these decisions, but once settled, entering the final specs takes a few seconds (most are default values in the selection boxes), then I place the order and it goes over to Paypal. Finishing the payment through paypal takes about 2 minutes I guess. Then file upload is done which is about a minute or so. Frankly, if it takes 3 minutes or 8 minutes makes no difference to me as I usually have invested many many hours of design and checking and so on, so when I make my order entries, I am very careful and go quite slowly, so if it takes overall 10 minutes, that's ok with me. As long as it is my thinking time and reading time causing the slowness. If it was the website causing slowness, I would get upset.

For non-standard pcbs (like unusual laminates and nonstandard dimensions) the order process can take 3 days via manual quote and question/answer via email (they are many hours different than my time zone).

When I submit my PCB file (ExpressPCB), the dominate time is the time it take me to pull my credit card from my wallet and type in the number.

ExpressPCB proprietary software, so the set steps in each layer can be omitted, this is a special case, the price in ExpressPCB is a little higher, I often see people at the forum asked how to convert the ExpressPCB Gerber, I guess also because of the price thing.

The last order I sent took the time it takes to attach a few Gerber files to an email - about a minute?

Include Writing processing instructions & quote ... payment ,I guess it might be over 20 minutes.

Hi ,RadioRon

I really want you to experience our services. If you can provide some valuable advice, to help us improve, we are very grateful!

Now we're looking for advices about ease of use. We strive to shorten the ordering process takes 1 ~ 5 minutes

Here's a good one for you PCBWING a 44 pin TQFP breakout board with 11 0.1mm holes on each side using a 30mm square pcb, it can be a single sided board so what price can you do to design that and ship it to Australia????

The reason I ordered some of them off futurelec 2 weeks ago and they are still on snail mail....

Last edited:
Hi, bryan1! I think you should look for a design studio to do that. Currently, we just manufacture PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back