Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yafch

Hi.
please have a look at the attached images i attached here. i need to ask few questions.

First circuit in question (see image named "charger"). I just need your kind help to understand how it works?
I made the schematic myself so to understand better i also attached the photo of the board( see image named "Charger 1"). Is the output of this circuit isolated from mains voltage?

Second circuit (see image named "Electronic transformer" as said by original image).
There are few things i don't fully understand. L1, L2, L3, should be wound on the same ferrite core? What type of core can be used for these.

L4 & L5, is output transformer should be wound on separate core? what type of core may be fine for it?
Under L4 & L5 the transformer winding turns details there are symbols i am not sure about those. what those two identical symbols means?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Attachments

• charger.JPG
    charger.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Electronic transformer.JPG
    Electronic transformer.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 434
  • charger1.jpg
    charger1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 208
Any thoughts?
If any body may not explain,yet i will stick to second question only i need to know the core types and go on with experimenting.

Any thoughts?
If any body may not explain,yet i will stick to second question only i need to know the core types and go on with experimenting.

hi,
It would help if could post a link to the source of the circuit diagrams.

The left hand circuit is NOT mains isolated,

The symbol is 'PHI' used to represent 'magnetic flux'

Last edited:
These circuits oscillate between 50kHz and 200kHz and the core needs to be ferrite. L1,2,3, are wound on a core that is separate from L4,5. You can buy the 50 watt electronic transformers from electrical suppliers for less than $5.00 I buy them from Chinese Importers for $4.65. They are designed for downlights.

Last edited:
Ok. i found i web page with information about basic working principles of electronic transformers and dimmers.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back