Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How is led light for afish tank with live plants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver8456541

I got a ten gallon tank I also have live plants that nead low to moderate light, and a few guppies
Is any body has any experience with led lights, is it a good choice
Please advise

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a biologist so I don't know exactly what your plants need, but an LED light should work as long as what you need is low intensity lighting.

A quick "LED fish tank lighting" search on the web should answer that question for you.

It depends what you are lighting up, in general plants thrive well in blue and red lighting, coral shows up better under blue lights, infact most fish show up nice under a blue light.

It depends what you are lighting up, in general plants thrive well in blue and red lighting, coral shows up better under blue lights, infact most fish show up nice under a blue light.

Not quite.

Fish show brilliant colours with a bit of UV light. I used an 80W mercury vapour lamp and CO2 fertilization for generous plant growing and a 20W UV-A CFL (also used in PCB exposure boxes) besides filament type bulbs (warm white) and daylight white CFLs for optimum illumination.

Giant valisneria gained 40cm (12") of length during one month.

If you get a build-up of algea on the glass of the fish tank you should increase light power.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back