Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How efficient would this circuit be???

Status
Not open for further replies.
The efficiency is simply the LED forward operating voltage divided by 6V (times 100 for per cent).

The switching circuit, as shown, as no significant effect on efficiency. For greater efficiency you need a switching type current-regulator with an inductor.

thats great for me then, this is the circuit i shall use. gonna go breadboard it now and see what i get

just 1 thing, if i use variable resistors for R1 and R2 will this allow me to vary the ramp in and out times??

Hello there,

Another interesting thing about circuits like this is that if you place a transistor in series with a resistor and switch it at 50 percent duty cycle it makes the resistor look like it is twice as high in value, and that's about all it does. Different duty cycles make the resistor look like different value resistors, but it never increases the efficiency. To get better efficiency the circuit needs at least one energy storage element.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back