Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does the capacitor do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

medsol

I want to know how acapacitor on parallel line smoothes the vdc output after arecitifier. Shouldn't it better be put on a serial line.please i need to have an explaination to the mechanism of capacitor operating in this circuit

I want to know how acapacitor on parallel line smoothes the vdc output after arecitifier. Shouldn't it better be put on a serial line.please i need to have an explaination to the mechanism of capacitor operating in this circuit

Have a look at this link, come back and ask questions.:)

**broken link removed**

the output after the full wave rectifier bridge is DC with a ripple so, we can't put the capacitor on serial because the output will be zero volt.

connecting a capacitor between the input and ground will ground any AC component of the signal, in DC power supply, this AC component represent noise or harmonics..so by connecting capacitor in this way, it will create a more constant output voltage.

certain value of capacitor will filter out certain value of unwanted AC component or noise, thus by connecting different values of cap in parallel(in resistor sense) will give more constant DC.

wish my explanation is correct and help u :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back