Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does one define a wasted life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Hi All.

My view only. But nevertheless stuff I have thought hard and deep about....like I am 52 now....trying mostly to deal with what is happening to SA (South Africa) at the moment. All that is going wrong with constant load shedding....

Basically it means our Electricity Grid has gone to Hell with 20 Years of abuse and no Maintenance. FWIW I see the same kind of abuse from Customers that bring their TV's in for repair....they will wait until a set is completely dead....before they decide to have it fixed.

So what our Power Utility has done over the Years is the same thing surely....same thinking mode of run it till it breaks...and then they all surely pack up one at a time..

So we all sit in the Crap.

Wasted life. Easy to see if you are here dealing with people daily that make really crap choices..

I know a few EE friends that are hands on currently....bailing. Going to OZ and saying goodbye to SA.

So, in spite of the fact we are going down the drain, I continue to try.

Africa will always end up begging...

Mod edit: These comments have no place here on ETO and have been deleted.

Shame. Live it. Feel it. Talk about it. If you cannot....leave it.

tv

Last edited by a moderator:
tvtech

IMHO, you are way over the line of propriety with that post. I could not fine any specific rule that is violated, but I think attacking any individual out of the blue should be prohibited. Why didn't you name the individual to who you refer so he can defend himself?

John

tvtech

IMHO, you are way over the line of propriety with that post. I could not fine any specific rule that is violated, but I think attacking any individual out of the blue should be prohibited. Why didn't you name the individual to who you refer so he can defend himself?

John

Hi John

The individual knows. Looks at himself. No need to remind him.

Regards,
tv

So if the smart people are packing up and leaving because of the things you see there and you are not what exactly does that make you? :rolleyes:

There are two forms of moving I am aware of. One is walking away to stay ahead in life and the other is just giving up and abandoning it all because you have nothing left.

Which one are you working on? o_O

So if the smart people are packing up and leaving because of the things you see there and you are not what exactly does that make you? :rolleyes:

There are two forms of moving I am aware of. One is walking away to stay ahead in life and the other is just giving up and abandoning it all because you have nothing left.

Which one are you working on? o_O

Not you TCM.

As cross as you sometimes made me. Things heal. Got to sort of know you. <snip>

Treat your wife tonight....nice back rub or something...make her feel special.
Just try. She might just smile a wee bit at you Tomorrow :)

Strain here for me. Gotta get to my Moms Funeral on Saturday....700KM's from here....
So seeing where I am stuck and relying on Public Transport.....everything has been Off Line the whole day......like nothing is reported though....woman knitting and no stress....ticket office....closed. All happily sitting and doing F all for a salary...

<Mod edit: Please watch your language tvtech. Let's take it down a notch>

I think you need to calm down and gather your sensible thoughts TV, take some time away from the computer...

tvtech
Your problems are your own. Man up and deal with them. In no way do they justify your attack on a member of this forum who you do not have the decency to name.

John

Yes I know it's not me you are talking about or cross with and I do know who you are talking about.

You seemed to be in a bad mood so I figured why why not poke you with my stick a bit and see where that takes us. :p

And yes once you do get to know the real me it's fairly hard to not want to like me. BTW I do nice things to and for my wife all the time. Especially when she is in a bad mood. It's what gets under her skin the most. :D

TVTECH will be ok again soon. He go the good avatar back.

upload_2015-6-25_20-11-36.jpeg

I gotta say after being here for Years....every one of you wonderful people fix me in one way or another when I stress/freak out.

Been a hard 3 Weeks. Really hard for me. I had a brief Gunfight after the Funeral (got there in time) and all is understood and sorted now. Micky Mouse me up against a lawyer etc. I seem to have ironed things out (so to speak) for now. What a ride where everybody misinformed gangs up on you and you have to fight your own battle against insurmountable odds :).

Anyway, used to that kind of stuff.....except this time round it was family....

And that was really hard. Anyway I did what I needed to do. I only ever look at right or wrong. And obviously wrong to attack an unnamed Member here..
Even though they were not the problem...sigh.

Crazy crap. And I shake my head :(

And maybe I did it because ETO has always been my outlet to let off steam. I mean you guys know me like a well read book......I had to let off steam so I released it here.....unfortunately my aim was like a GRR moment.

Am I blessed or what? I don't know. All I know is the Mods here showing true Professionalism monitored and edited and followed this thread and deleted where necessary to keep things on track. Like looking after a runaway train.

Thank you all so much. What else can I say?

Except, instead of throwing me away...you have nurtured me and understood me in spite of my stuff and issues.

You are a Team of Note :D

Lots of love,
tv

And of course...a lot of Members will read my post above and dismiss it....ETO is a Technical Forum.
But, as Technical as ETO is....it does actually have a heart.....hence my total commitment to this place.

Especially Members with a heart that sits in the right place :)

Regards,
tv

Last edited:
tvtech
Your problems are your own. Man up and deal with them. In no way do they justify your attack on a member of this forum who you do not have the decency to name.

John

Read this reply like 100 times....all I have ever done is "man up" and deal with things. I never walk away from stuff.
John....if you are not that member...and you also do not know who it is...why does it bother you??

:wideyed::confused:

Stay well Guys.

Going quietly into the night. No more fight left in me.
ETO forever.

Last edited:
Hi,
Look at me once! I am from the 2nd richest country in water resources, around the world (Nepal)! Probable electricity form the existed water resource would be 83,000 MW! It would be MORE than enough for the small country with 2,60,00,000 people and few tens of factories. But we are utilizing just 500MW till now. We face upto 18 hours load shedding during winter! Yes it is and many more management and development are irritating sometime. I am happy because at least we have no terrorism, we have no lack of food, our country has not became hell, like some countries are being now a days!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back