Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does a vaporizer work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

em175

I've been trying to build a homemade version of a vaporizer and I'm stuck on how the components work. I'm not even sure if I have a clear grasp on what components make up a vaporizer. I know the basics: typically a 3.7V battery, a circuit board/micro-controller, and a heating element. I would appreciate if anyone helped me understand how the heating element is controlled, how it works, or how temperature sensors fit into the picture.

The simplest ones are of two styles. The first uses a simple impeller wheel much like a net pump on a well, sucking water from a reservoir and flinging it out into the room. This produces cold "steam". The second method uses two carbon rods dipped into the water reservoir and connected to the mains. The water heats and releases hot steam into the room. The water has to be somewhat conductive for this to work (contrary to common belief, pure distilled water is an insulator) so a small amount of table salt is sometimes added to the reservoir if enough set a m is not being produced.

The simplest ones are of two styles. The first uses a simple impeller wheel much like a net pump on a well, sucking water from a reservoir and flinging it out into the room. This produces cold "steam". The second method uses two carbon rods dipped into the water reservoir and connected to the mains. The water heats and releases hot steam into the room. The water has to be somewhat conductive for this to work (contrary to common belief, pure distilled water is an insulator) so a small amount of table salt is sometimes added to the reservoir if enough set a m is not being produced.

Don't think this is the type of "vaporizer", the OP is talking about. Think he means one that is like an E-cigarette, but not for nicotine.

@ the OP, you might want to have a look over here - https://www.vapeatron.com/e-cig-customizing-diy/

Sorry, I'm old school and a non-smoker. My next shot was going to be a nebulizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back